Does this sound like you?
- You have a BA in English or Journalism.
- You love to write.
- You have amazing attention to detail.
- You enjoy editing content.
- You want to join a growing company.
- You are comfortable with a remote working environment.
- You have a minor in marketing or are interested in marketing.
- You’re ready to hear an improvised harmonica solo at any given moment.
KEEP ON READING TO SEE IF A CAREER WITH MARKET VEEP IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
A Day in the Life of a Market Veep Unicorn…
You’ll start your day with a quick team meeting. We might chat about the pressing questions in life, like is a hot dog technically a sandwich? Then we’ll run down our priorities for the day and help each other resolve anything we’re stuck on.
Next you’ll head over to the project management tool and check out your assignments and messages. You might start a blog about building automation systems or wrap up an eBook about electronic component manufacturing, then send it to our internal editor for feedback.
Then it’s time for some keywords research using our SEO tools to develop a content strategy for a client. If there’s free time, you might soak up some knowledge with a HubSpot certification course or jump on our team Zoom link for an afternoon game of Pictionary.
- Self editing
- Peer editing
- Topic development
- Content strategy
- Blog writing (500-1500 words)
- eBook writing
- Website copy
- Sales copy
- Being a good human
- On-page SEO
- HubSpot publishing
- Task management
- Team communication
- Client communication
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL…
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of writing experience.
- Have excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Be able to demonstrate those excellent writing and grammar skills with writing samples.
- Be attentive to important details in your writing (like who your audience is).
- Be able to write from the perspective of others (ghostwriting).
- Learn and grow from constructive feedback (if you’ve taken any writing workshops,
you know what’s up).
- Have an understanding of business blogging and B2B writing.
- Be organized and attentive.
- Be ready to ask questions. You can never ask too many questions!
- Be willing to say when you’re stuck or you don’t know what to do.
- Work well with a team and on your own.
- Take notes fiendishly when receiving instructions (this is really important).
- Be friendly and respectful to others (also pretty important).
- Be able to communicate professionally with both our team and our clients.
- Use the Oxford Comma.
- Not debate about usage of the Oxford Comma. 😉
Add a cherry
These qualities are a bonus, but are not required.
- HubSpot certifications or experience.
- WordPress experience.
- Marketing experience.
- A minor in marketing, journalism, communications, or business.
- Great coloring skills (magic markers, crayons, colored pencils, or otherwise).
WHAT’S THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LIKE?
- Initial Interview
- Culture Fit
- Content Assessment
Join the Team!
At Market Veep, we care about each other and we want everyone to love what they do. Here are some of the benefits of a career with us:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Remote workplace
- A team you can depend on
Our core values
At our core, we’re humans first and marketers second.
We believe in creating a culture of learning where we never stop asking questions. We’re obsessed with understanding the why.
Rooted in Help
Anything is possible when people are your focus. We work together to evolve and adapt to any obstacle we encounter.
Love What You Do
We not only love the work we do; we love finding fun in the simple things. Life is better when happy matters.
We’re committed to building a seamless sense of camaraderie. When we collaborate with purpose, we accomplish something meaningful.
Delight Through Experience
We strive to create an environment of unexpected moments that excite, delight, and inspire.
APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH MARKET VEEP
Please attach your resume and 2-3 work samples that best represent your work. You may also include links to your portfolio or self-hosted blog as well as links to any websites where your work has been published by a third party.