2. Maintain an Active DUI Legal Blog
Don’t let your keyword strategy stop at AdWords. A robust content marketing effort with a monthly slate of legal blog articles (emphasizing data-driven target keywords) will position your firm as an authority on DUI law and someone your leads can trust. It will also expand your library of indexed pages for search engines to crawl and increase the rate at which your website appears in leading Google searches around DUI topics.
According to the American Bar Association, only 30% of law firms maintain an active blog — but almost half (49%) of all firms have definitely found clients through blog content (and another 34% aren’t sure!).
Write blogs based upon your specific practice areas, the most common pain points of both first-time and repeat DUI clients, and current topics relative to DUI law — such as the ongoing legal battles surrounding breathalyzers in various U.S. states. Here are a few tips:
- A shorter blog format of 500-800 words is ideal for FAQ-style search queries and long-tail keywords.
- Include longer, “pillar” pages of 1,500+ words around central topics and high-volume short-tail keywords, and link back to them from your shorter posts.
- Frequency matters. 16+ posts per month will net you 3.5x the traffic of 4 blogs per month.
- Always end blogs with a visual, clickable call to action — to download a guide, book a consultation, or call for more information. In long posts, it’s good practice to include such a CTA in the middle region of the content as well. On-page fillable forms are equally effective, so that your audience can take next steps right in the moment, without clicking away to a second page.
3. Gated DUI Guidebooks
Free online content is great for boosting your ranking on SERPs, driving traffic, and raising awareness of your firm. However, what DUI attorney marketing is really after is lead capture. Gated content offers will educate your visitors and drastically increase conversion opportunities.
Create CTAs to plug into your free content that directs traffic to your landing pages. They can then input their contact information to download helpful guides on the nuances of their particular DUI situation. Gated content should be high-value (more comprehensive than blog content) and designed with an attention-grabbing but professional aesthetic.
You don’t have to break the bank to generate a rich, helpful guide, either — repurpose any walkthrough documents or blog-based guides you’re already using to educate your clients with a visual, PDF format. Increase the value with eye-catching statistics, examples, pointers from your own experience, or material from several FAQ posts combined, and you’ll have a workable asset in short order.
The leads you convert on these landing pages are your first priority when it comes time to making follow-up calls and earning some business. Anyone downloading a guide on “What To Do After Your First DUI Arrest” will have plenty of incentive to start a conversation.
4. Website Optimization
Your website is a primary marketing tool for a high-demand, immediate-need type of legal client like DUI leads. In fact, 70% of firms say they’ve landed new cases through their websites. To get the most out of it, focus on:
- SEO: Pursue an aggressive keyword strategy that will capture potential clients no matter where they choose to conduct their research. A compelling main page is important, but not enough. Maintain a collection of additional pages for geographically specific service areas (counties, cities) to maximize your location-relevant search performance. Off-page SEO on sites such as legal directories is also important. Since 96% of people seeking legal advice use a search engine, it pays to be everywhere they could possibly find you.
- Building Authority: Your website may be attractive and sleek, but is it designed to establish authority and improve lead generation? Place testimonials — among other trust-building content — up front along with any awards or certifications, and utilize prominent “results” pages that feature more in-depth breakdowns of recent positive outcomes in cases handled by your firm.
- Conversion Optimization: It’s critical that you add conversion optimizers throughout the website in eye-catching locations, such as calls-to-action, consultation scheduling tools, simple and streamlined landing pages, as well as contact forms on every possible page. Make sure that your firm’s contact info is easily accessible and highly visible within your navigation. Simple adjustments can help all potential clients get the information they need faster and make their experience as easy as possible — which boosts conversions.
5. Customized DUI Pop-Ups for Help
Pop-up messages should not pepper website visitors everywhere they go or create friction in their experience. However, DUI attorney marketing can make strategic use of high-converting, attractive, seamlessly integrated pop-ups that will trigger only in response to specified user behaviors. This will help your pop-ups engage with the hottest leads at the right times. Some examples of use are: booking a Zoom call, clicking to call immediately, submitting a live chat question, and unique pop up content by page of your website.
Make sure to differentiate between desktop and mobile pop-ups, where the user experience is very different. The mobile pop-up can even utilize a click-to-call format so that conversion is easy and instantaneous.
6. Live Chats and Chat Bots
Nine in ten Americans say an "immediate" response to their questions is important or very important. Rapid responses are especially crucial for a clientele with the urgency of DUI leads. Potential clients need help fast — they often won’t wait a day to hear back from you, but will engage with the attorneys that are able to answer first. Integrate a live chat feature on your website that will drive leads directly to your phone for high-value, instant-response communication with a legal expert.
Automated chat “bots” are a powerful support mechanism for this strategy. The reality is that no human being is available to chat 100% of the time. With a chatbot, your leads can get answers to frequently asked questions, schedule consultations, and engage with your firm in real-time until you have a free moment to reach out in person.
There’s No Time to Lose!
It’s possible to get started with all six of these lead generation techniques without months and months of preparation. Take action and get a leg up on your competition before they’re bidding on the same keywords and attracting leads with guides you’re already prepared to create. There’s no reason the DUI attorney marketing strategies of other firms should have monopolies over all of the most significant keywords. You’re the expert — so get out there and let those leads know.
Get The Latest From
Download our eBook and get advice from 8 CEOs of Inc. 5000 companies in their own words.