Let’s take a look at each of these workflows in depth:
1. Follow Up Workflows
It’s a perfect match! Every landing page needs a follow-up workflow. You’ve done the work to write that eBook or create that infographic. You have a contact us page. But what happens after you capture that potential customer’s information? If your answer is “I don’t know” or “I draft an email to that person” then you are missing out on one of HubSpot’s greatest and easiest automations.
HubSpot allows you to create automated marketing emails. These can be sent every time someone downloads your eBook or requests a meeting or any engagement activity that happens. You then have the opportunity to share more great content, help answer their questions before they even ask, and build trust. These workflows are natural, well-designed, follow-ups without you doing anything. The emails are automatically sent, spaced out by days or weeks, with as many or as few emails as you want (we recommend 3).
Better yet, you can set up goals to track how well the emails and the workflows are performing. If there is any specified response, such as clicks or replies, or any specific goal met, that contact is then automatically unenrolled so that you can do a more personal follow-up. It really is a great match of personalization and automation. Don’t miss out on this match made in heaven!
2. Sales Process Workflows
It’s every manager's burden: “How do I get my team to do the administrative tasks to keep our data clean?” Well, the answer is to let HubSpot do it for you. The possibilities are endless. We have experienced many, many different requests from our clients all based on the sales team’s burdens. And each time HubSpot has enabled us to create an invaluable workflow.
Need to automatically assign a potential client to your team and rotate based on interests or even distribution? We got that! Need to follow up after a meeting with an email on the next steps? You bet! Need to move that client to the next deal stage based on accomplished tasks? Sure thing! Need to assign specific tasks to your sales team after a contract is signed? Of course!
Think of any repetitive task and there will most likely be a way to automate it. Every business should be using workflows to accomplish the mundane and get rid of their manager's headaches.
3. Persona Assignment Workflows
You know your best customers. You know who they are, what they like, how to help them, and more. So instead of trying to sift and sort through your CRM, let HubSpot do the sorting for you.
A workflow is a perfect tool for identifying and segmenting your best potential clients.
A tool is only as good as you keep it working and as you use it. An unsharpened saw or an unused saw will not cut that piece of wood. The same is true for the persona property in HubSpot. The first step is to get that property properly built. Next, as you have your audience properly identified you can use a workflow to identify and assign personas. Now the real fun begins. Allow a workflow to identify and assign a persona to those already in your database or as their information is collected. Use a workflow for personalized outreach based on each persona. Use if/then branching to move a contact through the buyer’s journey. This tool can help you get so much more done and meet the specific and personalized needs of your contacts.
“Workflows are the oil that keeps your marketing and sales teams running smoothly. They are the basis of frictionless sales."
50 MORE TO TRY!
These are our top 3 workflows. But don’t let that stop you. The possibilities are endless. Here’s a list of 50 more:
- Persona specific
- Industry specific
- Lifecycle property update
- Contact form nurture
- Lead routing to territories
- Notify team of deal stages
- Notify team of hot leads
- Webinar invites
- Webinar follow-ups
- Gated content nurture
- Task assignments
- Build dynamic list of missing properties
- Pre demo workflow
- Post-demo follow-up workflow
- Visit trade show booth to nurture
- Follow up from meeting at trade show
- Follow up on missing meetings for rebooking
- Auto send based on lead score a book a meeting workflow
- Re-enroll in marketing nurture if they ghosted on a sales call to nurture
- Task reminders for calling prospects based on time since last meeting
- Reminders for connecting on LinkedIn
- Building dynamic lists based on unique criteria
- Service or product-specific workflows
- Competitor comparison workflows
- Automate next steps after an ad action
- Enroll someone who closed in the sales pipeline to move into the service pipeline with a workflow
- Send NPS survey
- Notify the team of NPS survey results and assign follow-up tasks based on the score
- Re-engagement workflow for cold leads
- Email website visitors based on page interaction
- Notify contact owners when their lead is back on the website
- Welcome email to new blog subscribers
- New client onboarding workflow for tasks and emails
- Confirmation emails when content is downloaded, form is submitted, or event registration
- Nurture existing customers with educational content
- Podcast nurture for increasing listenership
- Capitalize contact's first and last name workflow
- Remove special characters from phone numbers workflow
- Automatically fix .con to .com in email addresses
- Merge duplicate contacts with the same phone number
- Update company properties based on contact properties
- Anniversary or birthday email nurtures
- Send direct mail with a workflow
- Send text message workflows
- Pricing page workflow
- Facebook messenger workflow
- Build a dynamic list of unengaged contacts to be removed
- Sending event follow-up recordings- podcasts, webinars, events
- Send onboarding documents to a new team for hiring processes
Workflows are the oil that keeps your marketing and sales teams running smoothly. They are the basis of frictionless sales. Without using them you are missing out on a great advantage that HubSpot offers. We love identifying, brainstorming, and creating these workflows every day for our clients. Automation for your processes and outreach is the best way to do business. Success is only a few workflows away!
Get The Latest From
Download our eBook and get advice from 8 CEOs of Inc. 5000 companies in their own words.