Does this sound like you?
KEEP ON READING TO SEE IF A CAREER WITH MARKET VEEP IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- You have internship experience or job experience in a business or marketing setting.
- You have an excellent sense of color, imagery, type, and negative space.
- You’re skilled at working within brand guidelines.
- You have excellent time management skills.
- You read directions fully and understand them before you start working on a project.
- You ask questions if something is not clear.
- You’ve memorized the HEX #s of your favorite colors.
- You’re a stickler for details when it comes to alignment within layouts and using kerning and tracking to keep our typography clean and interesting
A Day in the Life of a Market Veep Unicorn…
You’ll start your day with a quick team meeting. We might chat about the pressing questions in life, like is a hot dog technically a sandwich? Then we’ll run down our priorities for the day and help each other resolve anything we’re stuck on.
Next you’ll head over to the project management tool and check out your assignments and messages. You might design a sell sheet for a manufacturing client or an eBook for a logistics company, then send it to our internal editor for feedback.
Then it’s time to design some images for Instagram or a landing page for Google ads. If there’s free time, you might soak up some knowledge with a HubSpot certification course or jump on our team Zoom link for an afternoon game of TableTopics.
- Landing pages
- Presentation decks
- Display ad images
- Call-to-action buttons
- Sales collateral
- Be a good human
- Custom graphics
- Task management
- Team communication
- Client communication
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL…
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of design experience.
- Have the ability to step out of your comfort zone to create designs for our many different
clients with diverse aesthetics.
- Be able to demonstrate those excellent writing and grammar skills with writing samples.
- Be proficient in Adobe Cloud (Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Learn and grow from constructive feedback.
- Be organized and attentive.
- Be ready to ask questions. You can never ask too many questions!
- Be willing to say when you’re stuck or you don’t know what to do.
- Work well with a team and on your own.
- Take notes fiendishly when receiving instructions (this is really important).
- Be friendly and respectful to others (also pretty important).
- Be able to communicate professionally with both our team and our clients.
Add a cherry
These qualities are a bonus, but are not required.
- HubSpot certifications or experience.
- WordPress experience.
- Developer skills.
- Marketing experience.
- A minor in marketing, journalism, communications, or business.
- Great coloring skills (magic markers, crayons, colored pencils, or otherwise)
WHAT’S THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LIKE?
- Initial Interview
- Culture Fit
- Design Assessment
Join the Team!
At Market Veep, we care about each other and we want everyone to love what they do. Here are some of the benefits of a career with us:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Remote workplace
- A team you can depend on
Our core values
At our core, we’re humans first and marketers second.
We believe in creating a culture of learning where we never stop asking questions. We’re obsessed with understanding the why.
Rooted in Help
Anything is possible when people are your focus. We work together to evolve and adapt to any obstacle we encounter.
Love What You Do
We not only love the work we do; we love finding fun in the simple things. Life is better when happy matters.
We’re committed to building a seamless sense of camaraderie. When we collaborate with purpose, we accomplish something meaningful.
Delight Through Experience
We strive to create an environment of unexpected moments that excite, delight, and inspire.
APPLY FOR A CAREER WITH MARKET VEEP
Please attach your resume and 2-3 work samples that best represent your work. You may also include links to your portfolio or self-hosted blog as well as links to any websites where your work has been published by a third party.